Department of general surgery at SIMS is one of the busiest department. It consists of a team of dedicated surgeons. We handle almost all general surgical cases both routine and emergency performing Major and Minor General Surgical cases, Basic Laparoscopic surgeries are also being done in our department. we have Super specialty branches like – Spine and Neurosurgery, Plastic Surgery, Urology run by well experienced personalities.
|1||Prof & HOD||Dr. P.Sathyamoorthy Aithala||MBBS, MS|
|2||Professor||Dr. D. Preetham Rai||MBBS, MS|
|3||Professor||Dr. Vinod Prem Singh||MBBS, MS|
|4||Professor||Dr. Amar D.N||MBBS, MS|
|5||Assoc. Prof.||Dr. Harish Nayak||MBBS, MS|
|6||Assoc. Prof.||Dr.Prashanth Kumar K.||MBBS, MS|
|7||Assoc. Prof.||Dr. T. Srinivasa Rao||MBBS, MS|
|8||Assoc. Prof.||Dr. Aravind Naik||MBBS, MS|
|9||Assoc. Prof.||Dr. Purushotham Acharya||MBBS, MS|
|10||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Deepak Suraparaju||MBBS, DNB|
|11||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Chalwade Suhas Prafullchandra||MBBS, MS|
|12||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Vilas Crithic H.V||MBBS, MS|
|13||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Girish Malladad||MBBS, MS|
|14||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Roshan V. Shetty||MBBS, MS|
|15||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Saquib Sultan||MBBS, MS|
|16||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Gawade Harshadd Namdev||MBBS, MS|
|17||SR||Dr. Anirudh Rajeevan||MBBS, MS|
|18||SR||Dr. Rejoy P. Varughese||MBBS, MS|
|19||SR||Dr. Shravan R Shanbhag||MBBS, MS|
|20||SR||Dr. Ravikiran K.M||MBBS, MS|
|21||SR||Dr. Bashumitra Mishra||MBBS, MS|
|22||JR||Dr. Mohammed B A Alam||MBBS|
|23||JR||Dr. T. Suman Kumar||MBBS|
|24||JR||Dr. Nihal R. Shetty||MBBS|
|25||JR||Dr. M. Mohammed Tufail||MBBS|
|26||JR||Dr. Prasad M. Bheemanagoudar||MBBS|
|27||JR||Dr. Kaushal Shetty||MBBS|
|28||JR||Dr. Mobin M.B||MBBS|
|29||JR||Dr. Rachana Shetty||MBBS|
|31||JR||Dr. Shaswath Shetty||MBBS|
• Laparoscopic Surgeries.
• Major and Minor – surgeries both Emergency and Elective.
• Spine and Neuro Surgery.
• Plastic Surgery.
Departmental Library – Not Applicable
Seminar room – Not Applicable
No of Journals – Not Applicable
No of Books – 104(365 copies)
No of Publications and conference
|Year||No of Research Publications||Conference attended|
• CME- Conducted CME on “ Trauma” from dept of surgery , SIMS&RC
Date – November 13 – 2016.
• Current Research work –nil.
Publications from the department during last 3 years:
(Give only full articles published in indexed journals. No case reports or review articles be given)
Title of the Paper, Authors, Citation of Journal, details of Indexing
1. Dr.Amar D.N (Assoc Professor)
a) A PROSPECTIVE FOLLOWUP STUDY OF INCISIONAL HERNIA-INDIAN JOURNAL OF RESEARCH.volume 5 issue 4 april 2016 .1st author.
b) Study of association between beedi and cigarette smoking,socioeconomic status in the etiology of THROMBO ANGITIS OBLITERANS.Journal of evidence based medicine and healthcare.vol 2/issue 1/jan 5 2015 2nd author.
c) Analysis of tibial tuberosity in prominences and morphometry-INDIAN JOURNAL OF APPLIED RESEARCH-Vol 6,issue 3,march 2016 2 nd author.
2. Rama Krishna Y, Amar D. N, Aravind Naik, Sathyamurthy Aithal. – ”Study of Association between Beedi and Cigarette Smoking, Socio- Economic Status in the Etiology of Thrombo-Angiitis Obliterans”. Journal of Evidence based Medicine and Healthcare; Volume 2, Issue 1, January 05, 2015; Page: 9-13.
3. DRESSING WITH TOPICAL APPLICATION OF EPIDERMAL GROWTH FACTOR GEL IN THE MANAGEMENT OF CHRONIC WOUNDS: A PROSPECTIVE STUDY, CIBTech Journal of Surgery SSN: 2319-3875 (Online) An Open Access, Online International Journal Available at http://www.cibtech.org/cjs.htm 2014 Vol. 3 (3) September-December, pp. 29-32/Ramakrishna and Vaidya.
4. Ramakrishna et al. (2015).A prospective study of incidence of helicobacter pylori in dyspepsia and its association with gastro duodenal ulcer/gastric disease in srinivas institute of medical sciences and research centre. International Journal of Current Medical and Pharmaceutical Research, 1(1),37.www.journalcmpr.com
5. Ramakrishna Y, Aravind Naik, Rashmi Vidya D’souza, Sathyamurthy Aithala. -”Strangulated Hernia through the Omentoplasty Defect: A Rare Case Report”. Journal of Evidence based Medicine and Healthcare; Volume 2, Issue 14, April 6, 2015; Page: 2099- 2101.
6. Dr. Leo Francis , Tauro, Vittal V,Shindhe, P.Sathya Moorthy Aithala , John J.S Marths H Divakar Shenoy.-“ “Comparative study of Glyceryl Trinitrate Ointment Versus Surgical Management of Chronic Anal Fissure”Indian J.Surg(July-Aug 2011)73(4):286-277.Dr..P. Sathya Moorthy Aithala, Dr. Priyatham Kamath, Dr.Rakesh Rai, Dr. Pamprakash Kalgujjikar-“ A Cost Benefit analysis of Laproscopic versus open Appendicectomy”- volume -5 /issue:B/ August – 2015/ISSN-2249-555X. Pg No- 14-16.
7. Use of Hydrocele in the Management of acute and chronic wounds: A Prospective Study: CIB Tech Journal of surgery ISSN:2319-3875 (online)An open Access, online international Journal available at http:/www.cibtech.org/cjs.htm2015 Vol.4(1) January – april, pp.41-46/Ramakrishna et al.
8. Ramakrishna Y, Prashanth Kumar C, Chaitra U and Rammoorthi Rao.-“ The effect of Nitrous oxide elimination on the rate of decline of exhaled concentration of isoflurane during recovery from general anesthesia: A comparative study to investigate the presence of reverse second gas effect.”
9. Mohan, Aravind Naik, T.R Nagaraj –“ Burns – A Comparative study between conventional and collagen dressing.”- Journal of Evidence based Med & Hithcare , pISSN-2349, 2562, eISSn-2349-2570/vol.1/Issue 5/July2014. Page no 245.
10 .Mahammad ali sutar, Ramakrishna Y, Nikhath Ingva Arshi-“ Evaluation of Mannheim Peritonitis Index( MPI) Scoring system in prognosis of patients with peritonitis due to hollow viscous perforation.”- Evolution Med.Dent Sci./eISSN-2278-4802, pISSN- 2278-4748.Vol.5/Issue 31/Apr, 18,2016.
11 . Mahammad Ali Sutar, Ramakrishna Y, Nikhath I Arshi-“ Role of seton in the management of fistula in –Ano”- International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research-volume 3 / issue 6/ june-16/ICV – 50.43. ISSN(Online) 2393-915X(print)2454-7379.
12. “An Interparietal hernia Presenting as a left thigh swelling with strangulation – A Diagnostic Dilemma “– Dr. Ramakrishna Y.
13. To Study The Pattern of Clinical Presentation in the etiology of Thromboangitis obliterans- journal of evidence based medicine and Healthcare Volume 2, Issue 3, January 19, 2015, page-1.