A highly experienced management educator and researcher with comprehensive skills in strategic planning, content development and administration.
Twenty years experience in teaching Business Management, Economics and Operations Research,
A passionate motivator: able to synergize employee energy and enthusiasm to meet organisational objectives
A highly organized manager and coach: able to quickly identify needs and provide tools to resolve difficulties.
A reputation for building cohesion among disparate groups and individuals.
2004 – Present: Vijayalakshmi Institute of Hospitality Sciences, Mangalore
Organisational Leadership & Team Building
- • Built a strong team of faculty members, fostering both independence and a cohesive team environment.
- • Utilized employee empowerment and positive work ethics to establish a spirited organisational Culture.
- • Planned and structured resources necessary to establish a new institution
- • Business Economics
- • Human Resource Management
- • Marketing Management
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Workshops on teaching effectiveness
- • Leadership training for the students
- • Developed training modules for students to enhance their professional skills.
1995 – 2004: Srinivas College of Hotel Management, Mangalore
Position: Professor cum Training and Placement Officer (2002 – 2004)
Associate Professor (2000 – 2002)
Sr. Lecturer (1997-2000)
- • Taught courses on Business Economics, Applied Behavior Sciences, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Business Mathematics and
- • Enhanced students’ employment potential through interventions like Interpersonal skill development and leadership training workshops.
- • Member of the Mangalore University Syndicate 2011-2012
- • Member of the Mangalore University Academic Council 2010-2012
- • Member of the Mangalore University Board of Studies for Hospitality Sciences (2006-09)