- Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences Industrial Dental Treatment Camp in Association with UPCL ADANI conducted on 13th and 29th January 2018
- Extension of MOU with Govinda Dasa Degree College, Surathkal for another 2 years ( 2018 – 2020) and inauguration of Dental Health Center in association with NSS Unit on 24th February 2018.
- SIDS service to the nation – Continued dental treatment and referral programme with the police personal of Mangalore city as promised by our Dean on the Occasion of Oral Hygiene Day 2015. Police stations covered this year –
Pandeshwar Police Station on 14th January 2018
Kadri Police Station on 25th February 2018
Bunder Police Station on 4th March 2018
- Dr. Manoj Varma, Dean and HOD of Prosthodontics including Crown and Bridge was conferred with the Best President Award at the 45th Karnataka State and 4th Inter State Dental Conference held in Davengere on 15th December 2017.
- Dr. Lavanya Varma, Associate Dean and HOD of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics served as Executive Committee member of Indian Dental Association, Dakshina Kannada branch and Executive Committee member of Indian Society of Prosthodontics- Restorative- Periodontics.
- Dr. Sharath K.S, Professor and HOD of Periodontics has been selected as President of Indian Society of Prosthodontics- Restorative- Periodontics.
- Dr. Dilip Quadras, Reader in the Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics was awarded the Fellowship of Pierre Fauchard Academy, U.S.A.
- Dr. Hemanth M., Reader in the Department of Oral Pathology was honoured with Fellowship in Forensic Odontology from S.D.M. College of Dental Sciences, Dharwad.
- Dr. Sowmya J. Rao, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Oral Pathology was honoured with Fellowship in Forensic Odontology from S.D.M. College of Dental Sciences, Dharwad.
- Dr. Ravichandra Udupa, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Oral Pathology was honoured with Fellowship in Forensic Odontology from S.D.M. College of Dental Sciences, Dharwad.
- Prof. Dr. K. Reshma Pai, HOD of Pedodontics was invited as guest speaker for National pharmacy week 2017 at Srinivas College of Pharmacy, Valachil.
- Dr. Evette Natasha Amanna, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Pedodontics was judge in evaluating the scientific sessions of the 1st Student Conference of Research in Education on 4th February, 2017 organised by Manipal University Student Research Forum, MCODS, Mangaluru.
- Dr. Evette Natasha Amanna, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Pedodontics was invited as a moderator for a talk on “legal aspects in private dental practice” by Prof. Mahesh C Nayak organized by MCODS, Mangalore.
- Dr. Sharath Karanth, HOD of Periodontics, Resource person for the scientific session on Prevention is better than Cure – Role of Infection control and Personal Hygeine at Workshop & Continuing Dental Education Programme on Swach Bharath Abiyan organized by Department of Food and Nutrition, Government of India in association with Srinivas Institute Dental Sciences, Ayurveda Clinic Balkunje and Indian Dental Association Dakshina Kannada held at Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences on 8th March 2017.
- Sheehan D’souza, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Periodontics was Judge for the scientific session of the 1st Student Conference of research in education organized by Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore, Manipal University on 4th February 2017.
- Dr Kelvin Peter Pais, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Public Health Dentistry attained the Degree of Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Ethics (PG DCE) and Postgraduate Diploma in Bioethics and Medical Ethics (PG DBME).
- Dr Kelvin Peter Pais, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Public Health Dentistry won the Best Scientific Research paper presented at National Bioethics Conference titled – Perception and attitude towards the ethical rules for dentist on KSDC practice principles in Mangalore city.
Prof. Dr. Sharath K.S (HOD) – Dept of Periodontics
1. Chairperson for the scientific session at the 14th ISP National Post Graduate Convention held on 14-15th March 2015 at DY Patil University- School of Dentistry Nerul Navi Mumbai.
2. International paper presentation done in 72nd Annual Cleft meeting and symposium of American Cleft Lip & Palate Association dated 24th April 2015, Palm Spring, California.
Topic – “Orthodontic management of anterior maxillary distraction in Clift Maxilla” under Junior Investigator Category.
Dr. Sheehan.R. D’Souza (Senior Lecturer)- Dept of Periodontics
- Presented a talk on “Oral hygiene awareness” emphasizing the importance of Oral Hygiene habits at Srinivas Institute of Management Studies, Pandeshwar on 18/03/2015.
- Selected as the reviewer for the International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences.
- Selected as the reviewer for the International Invention Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences.
Dr. Priyadarshini H. R. (Reader) – Dept. of Public Health Dentistry
Accepted in Journal of “Oral Health and Preventive Dentistry” in April 2015.
Camps conducted by Dept. of Public Health Dentistry from 02/03/2015 to 10/05/2015 is 10.
Dr. Ravichandra Udupa (Senior Lecturer) – Dept of Oral Pathology
1. Selected as a reviewer for the International Journal of Dental Hygiene.