Dr. EDWIN DIAS – Professor & HOD – is an Internationally renowned researcher, Academician, and Teacher have taught several thousands of students and thousands of Postgraduates Paediatric students, along with Nursing students (BSc,MSc,MPhil) has guided several MD thesis and was examiner for Postgraduates and Undergraduates of many universities in India.
The department of General Paediatrics & Neonate provide comprehensive outpatient and inpatient care for unwell infants and children up to the age of 18 years the division provides regular immunisation care for well babies and attempt to provide a medical home concept in the care of children and adolescents
Our department also provides primary preventive paediatrics care which addresses areas of well baby checkups , immunisation developmental assessments, nutritional assessment , healthy life style and proper physical and good scholastic Achievements and also provides paediatrics care in house and through camps for those outside this institutions.
Paediatricians are assigned to work in the following areas on a rotational basis and are available 24×7, 365 days
- Paediatric outpatient clinic which function 6 days a week
- Diagnostic clinic
- General Paediatric inpatient unit and with NICU /PICU service
- Immunisation clinic/well baby /other speciality services
A multidisciplinary team of general paediatricians, subspecialty consultants, paediatric nurses, nutritional and social workers complement the comprehensive approach to our department paediatric care and subspecialty service to children with special needs .various procedures are done in the hospital for sick children. The services provided are as follows ,
- NICU /PICU/ICCU, Labour Theatre complex
- 24×7 Casualty & Emergency Paediatrician
- 24×7 Pharmacy- and Central Diagnostic Laboratory
- 24X7 Blood Bank
- 4D Ultra Sound , CT Scan , TMT, Dialysis, MRI
- Cath- Lab
- Burns Ward
- Endoscopy, Colonoscopy
- 24x 7 Ambulance-2478586/ 9886656642
Facilities in Department
- IP/PVT WARD
- Infant warmer Facilities
- Incubator Facilities
||Dr. Edwin Dias
||MBBS, MD, DCH, DNB
||Dr. Mahadeva Bhat N.
||Dr. Jayashree Hegde
||Dr. Vijayalaxmi Mogasale
||Dr. Kiran Raj H
||MBBS, DNB, DCH
||Dr. Sharmila Mallar
||Dr. Guruprasad Shetty
||Dr. Swathi P.M
||Dr. Gautham Prakash
||Dr. Hitaishi H.S
||Dr. Shashwath Shetty
||Dr. Chandra Karthik Chaganlal
||Dr. Kaushik Shetty
Libary with reference books,Seminar room ,Demonstration room Baby Feeding room,Kids play area,Immunisation room.
Department Library Books
Number of books-115
- Edwin Dias, Meena Dias ,Shemina P Vasu.Antibiotic Stewardship –an overview Paeditr Neonat Biol 2017;2910;000107
- Edwin Dias,Akshay Dias ,Cerebral Palsy:A brief Review: Acad J Ped Neonatal 4(1):AJPN.MS.ID.555687
- Edwin Dias.Interventions for alcohol dependence and or addiction in adolescents.eBMJ 20 January 2017.(Cite)(BMJ 2017;356;j11b)
- Edwin Dias.Kiranraj H: Congnitive behavioural therapy in aldolescents in depression –Indian experience. URl www.pediatrics.aappublication .org/content/137/5/e20151851
- Edwin Dias.Childhood cancer screening and prevention strategies in India. 09 May 2016.eBMJ
- Edwin Dias, Chandana Pai.Discharge of term Normal healthy Neonates-Tropical Overview of Period between 1983-2016.24 May 2016.(AAP/434/5/1434 comments)
- Edwin Dias.Kiranraj H –congenital hypothyroidism screening incidence in semi urban hospital.URL www.adc.bmj.com/content/early/201. 03 october 2016
- Edwin Dias.Cerebral Palsy in India (Cite BMJ 2017;356;462)
- Edwin Dias. Innovations in Medical curriculum. International Journal of Engineering Research and Modern Education (IJERME) 2016:1;273-277.
- Dias E, Anand N. India’s journey from hyperendemic to polio free status – Paediatricians point of view. Rapid response. BMJ 2016; 353: i2417.
- Dias M, Dias E. Comparative Evaluation of various serological tests in the laboratory diagnosis of Brucellosis.Chrismed J Health and Research 2015;2:136-39.
- Edwin Dias .Hypothyroidism: screening and subclinical disease. BMJ 2014:Feb 14 www.bmj.com/content/314/7088/1175/rr/688489
- Edwin Dias , Sandeep Gada. Glucose Levels in Newborns with Special Reference to Hypoglycemia: A study from rural India. J Clin Neonatol 2014:3;35-38.
- Dias E .Neonatal Hypotension in extremely preterm infants.eLetter Paediatrics Official journal ofAmerican Academy of Paediatrics . Sep 3 2013.
- Dias E. Global View of Infectious Disease Editorial J Med Micro Diagn 2012;1:6.
- Dias E. An unusual case of foreign body aspiration in an infant. AMHSR 2012:2; 211-212.
- Dias E Bilateral humerus fracture following birth trauma. Journal of Clinical Neonatology 2012:1;44-45.
- Dias E, Dias M. Recurrent meningitis in a child with intranasal Encephalocoele Journal of neurosciences in rural practice. 2012:3;102-103 .
- Dias E,Dias M. A case of recurring Hand foot mouth disease in a child. Annals Of Thoracic Medicine and Public Health 2012:5;40-1.
- Dias E, Dias M.Cutaneous Myiasis. Indian Pediatr 2011:48;907.
- Dias E . Childhood tuberculosis and risk of acquiring tuberculosis when treating them. eBMJ Published on 19th March 2011
- Dias E, Dias M. Systemic Meliodiosis .Indian Paediatr 2011:48;161.
- Dias E, Vigneswaran P. Bacterial profile of neonatal septicaemia in a rural hospital in South India. Journal of Clinical Diagnosis and Research 2010; 4: 3328-3321.
- Dias E, Chidananda. Multiple aneurysms in a 10 year old male child – A case report.Antiseptic 2009
- Dias E .Recognition of promotion of Hand washing. eBMJ Published 4 April 2009
- .Kiran PS, Sowdi VP, Shetty SB, Venugopal U, Parameshwariah S, Dias E, Kamala CS. Sinus histiocytosis with massive lymphadenopathy; complicated by autoimmune hemolytic anemia. Indian J Pediatrics; 2003:70; 759-60.
- Dias E .Prevention of passive smoking in reducing childhood Asthma. eBMJ published on Mar 2001.
- Dias E, Shenoy V .Kinsbourne disease in an 8 yr old child. J Bahrain Med Soc.2000; 12:
- Dias E, Ramachandra C, D’Cruz AJ, Yeshwanth M. An unusual presentation of gastro-oesophageal reflux–Sandifer’s syndrome. Trop Doct. Jul 1992; 22:131
- Dias E.Vascular anomalies-revisited . Kar Ped J. 2007.
- Dias E “Approach to pediatric bleeding” .Kar Ped J.
- Dr Edwin Dias and Meena Dias. Chikungunya – Revisted, Medilore 5 (2006-07) June – July 2006
- Dr Edwin Dias and Dr Meena Dengue – Aedes Aegypti – Shock to the Indian subcontinent. Medilore 6 (2005-2006) Aug-Nov-2006.
- Dias E.An approach to neonatal jaundice. Kar Ped J 1997; 12:7-13.
- Dias E.Gaucher’s disease. Kar Ped J. 1994.
- Dias E. Radiological case of the issue duodenal atresia .Kar Ped J 1993;
- Dias E. Immunization-a review- Physicians Update .1991.
- Dias E.Management of bronchial asthma in children. John’s J of medicine 1991.
- Dias E.Guidelines in the treatment of pediatric bronchial asthma.Kar Ped.J
- Dias E. Niemann pick’s disease-a report of two sub-types. Kar Ped J 1990
2.Dr Divakar Rao
- Microscopic Urinanalysis in febrile children- Is it useful. Karnataka Pediatric journal 1- Vol25, No 1 Jan –March 2011
- A study on cord blood croponin –T in perinatal birth asphyxia- Karnataka Pediatrics Journal Vol 28. No 1. Jan – March 2013
- Meconium stained amniotic fluid – A prospective study . Karnataka Pediatrics Journal Vo l 25 No 1 JAN- MAR 2011
- Routine urine culture in febrile young children journal of clinical & diagnostic research Vol-5 (3) 4, Jun 2011
- Report of Bilateral congenital upper eyelid eversion- Research & Reviews – Journal of Medical health & science
1.Oral presentation on study on clinical spectrum and outcome of preterm neonate with hyaline membarane disease”at 33rd Annual IAP Orissa state branch conference January 2012 Gurgaon
2.Poster presentation on “Stroke in early childhood due to Homocystinuria “ at 49th National IAP conference January 2012 Gurgaon
3.Publication in Karnataka paediatric Journal “Takayasu Arteritis:presenting as Hypertensive Encephalopathy at 9 years of age “ vol.28. Dec 2013.150-51.
4.Dr Kiran Raj :
Published e – Letter in may 2016 – American Academy of Paediatrics.
“Cognitive behavioural therapy in adolescents in depression – Indian experience.”
2)Published e-Letter in june 2016 – Archives of Disease in childhood, British Medical Journal.
“Congenital hypothyroidism screening – incidence in semi-urban hospital.”
URL – www.adc.bmj.com/content/early / 2016 /03/10 /archdischild -2015 -309529 .responses
5.Dr Chandana Pai
Published e – Letter in 24th May 2016 in American Academy of Paediatrics in New born Care.
“Discharge of Term Normal Healthy Neonates – Tropical Overview of Period between 1983 – 2016”.
Diabetes screening and treat protocol e leter BMJ with
- World health Day
- Annual IAP Quiz
- Childrens Day
Current Research Work:
TSH in New Born
Dengue in children
Any Other,Published book: Chapter on Accidental Poisoning in Suraj Gupta’s text book of paediatrics -2016 editions .
- Published a book chapter, “Ascites in children” in advances in Paediatrics volume 26 edited by Suraj Gupte.
- Paediatrics Intensive care CME, Conducted in 2012 ( Multi-speaker CME)
- Departmental paediatrics CME on paediatric Cardiology – 2016
- Talk given on Interventional Cardiology in children A Mangalore perspective – speaker 1) Dr Prem Alva ( paediatric cardiologist, Mangalore)
2) Chairperson 2016 – Dr Edwin Dias Prof. and H.O.D
- Departmental paediatric C.M.E on paediatric surgery and nutrition.
Speakers – Dr Akshay – Talk given on intussusceptions in children.
Dr Edwin Dias (Prof. and H.O.D) – complementary feeding in children.
- Departmental Paediatric C.M.E on paediatric burns and nutrition.
Speakers – a) Dr Pramod – burns in children, a brief overview b)Dr Edwin Dias (Prof. and H.O.D) – Talk given on optimal protein in infancy.
- Conducted children’s day in November 14 2016
- Conducted well baby on April 7 2017