- About us
- Academic Programs
- Super Speciality Departments
- Hospital Services
- AMPCK Info
Introduction of the department :
Department of general surgery at SIMS is one of the busiest department . It consists of a team of dedicated surgeons . We handle almost all general surgical cases both routine and emergency performing Major and Minor General Surgical cases, Basic Laparoscopic surgeries are also being done in our department . we have Super specialty branches like – Spine and Neurosurgery, Plastic Surgery, Urology run by well experienced personalities .
|1||Professor||Dr. P.Sathyamoorthy Aithala||MBBS, MS|
|2||Professor||Dr. D. Preetham Rai||MBBS, MS|
|3||Assoc. Prof.||Dr. Harish Nayak||MBBS, MS|
|4||Assoc. Prof.||Dr.Prashanth Kumar K.||MBBS, MS|
|5||Assoc. Prof.||Dr. T. Srinivasa Rao||MBBS, MS|
|6||Assoc. Prof.||Dr. Amar D.N||MBBS, MS|
|7||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Purushotham Acharya||MBBS, MS|
|8||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Aravind Naik||MBBS MS|
|9||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Abijit Shetty||MBBS, MS|
|10||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Deepak Suraparaju||MBBS, DNB|
|11||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Chalwade Suhas Prafullchandra||MBBS, MS|
|12||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Sumit Tiwari||MBBS, MS|
|13||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Vicky Khobragade||MBBS, MS|
|14||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Nitin A. Tathe||MBBS, MS|
|15||Asst. Prof.||Dr. Swapnil||MBBS, MS|
|16||SR||Dr. Sukhdev V. Adhikari||MBBS|
|17||SR||Dr. Jha Abhishek Anil Kumar||MBBS,MS|
|18||SR||Dr. Roshan V. Shetty||MBBS,MS|
|19||SR||Dr. Saquib Sultan||MBBS,MS|
|20||SR||Dr. Veeresh Kumar Ireddy||MBBS,MS|
|21||SR||Dr. Ali Adil Mahmud||MBBS,MS|
|22||SR||Dr. Anirudh Rajeevan||MBBS,MS|
|23||SR||Dr. Sharath D.V||MBBS,MS|
|24||SR||Dr. Abdul Haleem||MBBS,MS|
|25||SR||Dr. Rejoy P. Varughese||MBBS,MS|
|26||JR||Dr. Yasir Ibn Azeez P P||MBBS|
|27||JR||Dr. Pramitha P||MBBS|
|28||JR||Dr. Arjun Das||MBBS|
|29||JR||Dr. Varsha Pavithran||MBBS|
|30||JR||Dr. Pooja Mishra||MBBS|
|31||JR||Dr. Anuptha Shrikanth Shetty||MBBS|
Facilities – Upper and Lower G.I Endoscopy
Departmental Library – Not Applicable
Seminar room – Not Applicable
No of Journals – Not Applicable
No of Books – 104(365 copies)
No of Publications and conference
|Year||No of Research Publications||Conference attended|
Date – November 13 – 2016.
Department : General Surgery.
Publications from the department during last 3 years:
(Give only full articles published in indexed journals. No case reports or review articles be given)
|Title of the Paper, Authors, Citation of Journal, details of Indexing
1. Dr.Amar D.N (Assoc Professor)
a) A PROSPECTIVE FOLLOWUP STUDY OF INCISIONAL HERNIA-INDIAN JOURNAL OF RESEARCH.volume 5 issue 4 april 2016 .1st author
b) Study of association between beedi and cigarette smoking,socioeconomic status in the etiology of THROMBO ANGITIS OBLITERANS.Journal of evidence based medicine and healthcare.vol 2/issue 1/jan 5 2015 2nd author
c) Analysis of tibial tuberosity in prominences and morphometry-INDIAN JOURNAL OF APPLIED RESEARCH-Vol 6,issue 3,march 2016 2 nd author.
2. Rama Krishna Y, Amar D. N, Aravind Naik, Sathyamurthy Aithal. – ”Study of Association between Beedi and Cigarette Smoking, Socio- Economic Status in the Etiology of Thrombo-Angiitis Obliterans”. Journal of Evidence based Medicine and Healthcare; Volume 2, Issue 1, January 05, 2015; Page: 9-13.
3. DRESSING WITH TOPICAL APPLICATION OF EPIDERMAL GROWTH FACTOR GEL IN THE MANAGEMENT OF CHRONIC WOUNDS: A PROSPECTIVE STUDY, CIBTech Journal of Surgery SSN: 2319-3875 (Online) An Open Access, Online International Journal Available at http://www.cibtech.org/cjs.htm 2014 Vol. 3 (3) September-December, pp. 29-32/Ramakrishna and Vaidya
4. Ramakrishna et al. (2015).A prospective study of incidence of helicobacter pylori in dyspepsia and its association with gastro duodenal ulcer/gastric disease in srinivas institute of medical sciences and research centre. International Journal of Current Medical and Pharmaceutical Research, 1(1),37.www.journalcmpr.com
5. Ramakrishna Y, Aravind Naik, Rashmi Vidya D’souza, Sathyamurthy Aithala. -”Strangulated Hernia through the Omentoplasty Defect: A Rare Case Report”. Journal of Evidence based Medicine and Healthcare; Volume 2, Issue 14, April 6, 2015; Page: 2099- 2101.
6. Dr. Leo Francis , Tauro, Vittal V,Shindhe, P.Sathya Moorthy Aithala , John J.S Marths H Divakar Shenoy.-“ “Comparative study of Glyceryl Trinitrate Ointment Versus Surgical Management of Chronic Anal Fissure”Indian J.Surg(July-Aug 2011)73(4):286-277.Dr..P. Sathya Moorthy Aithala, Dr. Priyatham Kamath, Dr.Rakesh Rai, Dr. Pamprakash Kalgujjikar-“ A Cost Benefit analysis of Laproscopic versus open Appendicectomy”- volume -5 /issue:B/ August – 2015/ISSN-2249-555X. Pg No- 14-16.
7. Use of Hydrocele in the Management of acute and chronic wounds: A Prospective Study: CIB Tech Journal of surgery ISSN:2319-3875 (online)An open Access, online international Journal available at http:/www.cibtech.org/cjs.htm2015 Vol.4(1) January – april, pp.41-46/Ramakrishna et al.
8. Ramakrishna Y, Prashanth Kumar C, Chaitra U and Rammoorthi Rao.-“ The effect of Nitrous oxide elimination on the rate of decline of exhaled concentration of isoflurane during recovery from general anesthesia: A comparative study to investigate the presence of reverse second gas effect.”
9. Mohan, Aravind Naik, T.R Nagaraj –“ Burns – A Comparative study between conventional and collagen dressing.”- Journal of Evidence based Med & Hithcare , pISSN-2349, 2562, eISSn-2349-2570/vol.1/Issue 5/July2014. Page no 245.
10 .Mahammad ali sutar, Ramakrishna Y, Nikhath Ingva Arshi-“ Evaluation of Mannheim Peritonitis Index( MPI) Scoring system in prognosis of patients with peritonitis due to hollow viscous perforation.”- Evolution Med.Dent Sci./eISSN-2278-4802, pISSN- 2278-4748.Vol.5/Issue 31/Apr, 18,2016.
11 . Mahammad Ali Sutar, Ramakrishna Y, Nikhath I Arshi-“ Role of seton in the management of fistula in –Ano”- International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research-volume 3 / issue 6/ june-16/ICV – 50.43. ISSN(Online) 2393-915X(print)2454-7379.
12. “An Interparietal hernia Presenting as a left thigh swelling with strangulation – A Diagnostic Dilemma “– Dr. Ramakrishna Y.
13. To Study The Pattern of Clinical Presentation in the etiology of Thromboangitis obliterans- journal of evidence based medicine and Healthcare Volume 2, Issue 3, January 19, 2015, page-1.