- Achievements of students of MBBS batch (2012-13)
Ms. Prakruthi S & Ms. Khundrakpam Lokeshwari have secured an aggregate of 82.3 % & 77.9% in the RGUHS Ist year MBBS examinations.
Department of Anatomy
Dr. Shakunthala R. Pai, Professor & Head
- Nominated as a member of THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CLINICAL ANATOMISTS on 11th July 2013.
- The “Founder Fellowship in Anatomy” was conferred to her by the anatomical society of India on 23rd Nov 2013 in Chandigarh.
- Felicitated & honored on the occasion of “National workshop-Aakruti 2013” organized by S.D.M College of Ayurveda & Hospital, Udupi.
Dr. Rashmi Bhat
- Dayal S, Bhat R, Shankar N. Complete unilateral right sided absence of the pectoralis major and serratus anterior muscles in an adult male cadaver of south Indian origin. Anatomical Science International 2013 (In press).
Mrs. Ramya Ratan
- Presented a paper titled “Interfacing with map object using visual basic: visualisation in GIS: a case study of endometrial cancer in Mysore district” in the 5TH International conference held on 21st-23rd Aug 2013 at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Rathan R, Sridhar R, Balasubramanian S. Association rule- spatial data mining approach for exploration of endometrial cancer data. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering 2013; 3: 1111-1113.
Department of Physiology
- Dr. B. UDAYASHANKER, Professor & Head has won table-tennis singles championship trophy & along with Dr. Heetendra Kumar, Professor & Head, Dept. of Microbiology have won the runners up trophy in table-tennis doubles of RGUHS inter-collegiate staff tournament held in BGS Global Institute of Medical Science, Bangalore on 27th Sep 2013. Dr. Vishrutha K V
- Vishrutha KV, Prarthana KG, Pavanchand A, et al. Effect of diet on autonomic modulation of heart in menstrual cycle. Int J Adv Res 2013; 1: 274-277.
Department of Biochemistry
- Dr. H P Kedilaya, Professor & Head, Dept. of Biochemistry
- Rao NL, Greeshma B. Kotian, Kedilaya HP, et al. Saliva-based diagnostics can decrease generation of potentially infectious, pathological waste. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research 2013; 22: 66-68.
- Greeshma B, Kedilaya HP. BMI is the Best anthropometric index to predict cardiovascular disease risks in young adult females. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research 2013; 22:188-191.
Dr. H Ramachandra Prabhu
- Prabhu HR, Marakala V. Glutathione reductase reduced glutathione and ceruloplasmin in diethyldithiocarbomate treated rats. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2013; 2: 479-484.
Dr. Shreelaxmi V Hegde
- Hegde SV, Adhikari P, Nandini M, et al. Effect of daily supplementation of fruits on oxidative stress indices and glycemic status in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Complementary therapies in Clinical Practice 2013; 19: 97-100.
- Hegde SV, Adhikari P, Shetty S, et al. Effect of community-based yoga intervention on oxidative stress and glycemic parametes in prediabetes. A randomized controlled trial. Complementary therapies in Medicine 2013; 21: 571-576.
Department of General Medicine
- Dr. Ashok Nayak, Professor & Head, Dept. of Medicine
- Samuel SE, Nayak A, Kotian MS. Fear of falls and compliance in exercise intervention by community dwelling older adults at the risk of falling. Int J Health Rehabit Sci 2013; 2:1-7.
- TV talk in V4 channel regarding chest pain, how to remain healthy and role of general medicine.
Dr. Harish Rao
- Harish R. A descriptive study of the conventional and new risk factor analysis in patients with ischaemic heart disease. Journal of evolution of medical and dental sciences 2013; 2: 4938-4945
- Shetty S, Rao H, Kumar S. Serum uric acid as a prognostic biomarker and its correlation with killip class in myocardial infarction. International journal of biomedical research 2013; 4: 312-316.
>Dr. Sunil Kumar
- Participated in full “Mumbai Marathon-2013” competition race covering a distance of 42 km. He has also participated in a long run competition organized by Manipal University and has been felicitated for being the first physician of Mangalore for achieving this unique distinction.
Dr. Pradeep Vernekar>
- Fazil A, Vernekar P, Geriani D, et al. Clinical profile and complication of malarial hepatopathy. Journal of Infection and Public Health 2013; 6: 383-388.
- Chair person for “Arogya Nidhi” conducted by Paryaya Sri Shiroor Mutt
Dr. Anitha Sequeira
- A health talk on V4 channel on the topic “Anemia” on 21st July 2013 in the programme “Arogya bhagya”.
Department of Dermatology
Dr. Sanath S. Rao gave a guest lecture on scar management during a CME held at Yenepoya Medical College on 6th Oct 2013.
Dr. Manjunath Hulamani
- Hulamani M, Kudur M. Misnomers in dermatology: time to change and update. Int J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2013; 79: 479-91.
Department of OBG
- Dr. K. Ramakrishna Bhat, Professor & Head was the chair person for ‘Kisar Fowsed Symposia’ at Yenepoya University
Dr. Jyothi H Rao
- Arathi AP, Jyothi HR, Ashwini PA. A clinical study role of colour Doppler imaging in pregnancies at risk. Int J Biomedical Res 2013; 4
Dr. Amitha Ray
- Ray A, Ray S, George AT. Antibiotics at amniotomy for reducing infectious morbidity in mother and infant. Cochrane database of Systemic Reviews 2013; Issue 7, Art No CD010626.
- Ray A, Ray S, George AT. Non surgical interventions for menorhagia in women with bleeding disorders. Cochrane data base of Systemic Reviews 2013;Issue 1, Art No CD 010338.
- Presented a paper on “Teaching medical literature search: medical undergraduates” at the onsite session of Faimer fellowship, Philadelphia (April 2013).
- Presented a paper on “Evidence based gynaecological surgeries” at ICMR Research Centre, CMC, Vellore (June 2013).
- Offered a fellowship to conduct “Randomised controlled trial on dexmetitomedine in painless labour” at the Auckland University, New Zealand.