- Sindhu Shashidharan 4th year BPT student has published Research article on “Effectiveness on Retrowalking in Osteoarthritis of Knee – A Review Article” in International Journal of Advanced Research(2016), Vol 4, Issue 2, 202-207.
- PG students Sheetal Lelani and Ashutosh Sharma had done a poster presentation on “Oral Carcinoma: Evidence based postoperative physiotherapy rehabilitation” in the national physiotherapy conference held at Madras medical mission in Chennai and won 2nd prize for the same in November 2014.
- Ms. Priyalaxmi Prakash secured distinction with 81.33% in the final year BPT, RGUHS University examination held in September 2014.
- Final year BPT students Mr. Manish Kumar Dawadi and Mr. Sameer Pokharel have secured 3rd rank and 9th rank respectively in the RGUHS university examinations for their overall success through four years.
- PG student Dr. Vaishali Sisodia had presented a paper at the “52nd Annual Conference of Indian Association of Physiotherapists” held at Indore in the month of February 2014 and won the 2nd place for the same.
- Students had won 1st place in March past during the Sports day of Srinivas Group of colleges in February 2014.
- Students won the Inter college Cricket tournament held at M.V. Shetty College in February 2014.
- PG student Dr. Vaishali Sisodia received the “Best PG student” award for the year 2013 from Savitha University, Chennai in November 2013.
- PG student Dr. Manish Jain presented a research paper titled “Can we ignore ‘normal’ upper extremity in stroke patients?- A cross sectional study” and won the first prize in platform presentation at Neuraxis 2013- National Neuro Physiotherapy Colloqium organized by AIIMS, New Delhi in October 2013.
- Mr. Mitesh Patel had presented a research paper titled “Rheumatoid arthritis – Update of current evidences” in the “2nd International Conference of Orthopedics and Rheumatology” held at Las Vegas, New York in the month of August 2013.
- Intern Rakesh Vora was awarded Man of the Match in finals as Best all Rounder in M.V. Shetty inter- collegiate cricket tournament in the month of Febraury 2015.
- Second year B.P.T student Parth Bhavsar was awarded as Best Batsman award in M.V. Shetty inter- collegiate cricket tournament in the month of Febraury 2015.
- Second Year M.P.T students Mr Dushyant Pandya and Mr Rakshith Bangera won First Prize in the Poster Presentation in National Conference NITTE PHYSIOCON 2015 held at Nitte University.
- Second Year M.P.T students Miss Sheetal Leelani and Mr Ashutosh Sharma presented the Poster in National Level Physiotherapy Conference held at NITTE PHYSIOCON, Nitte University in the month of January 2015.
- Final year B.P.T student Mr Manoj Dudhat won 8th place in Nitte Marathon 2015, held in Mangalore.
1. Dr. S. Rajasekhar (Principal)
- Completed a course on Diagnosis, Subgroup Classification & Motor Control Retraining of the Lumbar Spine in January 2015 by Sarah Mottram from kinetic control institute U.K.
- Completed the advanced course on ‘New Frontiers in the Pathophysiology and Treatment of Myofascial Pain: Addressing the Dynamic Role of Peripheral and Central Sensitization’ by Dr. Jay P Shah, The National Institute of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, USA in December 2014.
- Completed level 1 course on Fascial Manipulation in April 2014, course instructor was Alessandro Pedrelli, Italy.
- Conducted two days workshop on “SI Joint pain & Dysfunction” on March 30th & 31st 2013 at Igo physiotherapy center, Hyderabad.
- Completed a course on Kinetic Control solutions for Shoulder in February 2014 by Sarah Mottram from kinetic control institute U.K.
- Completed a course on Kinetic Control solutions for Pelvis in February 2014 by Sarah Mottram from kinetic control institute U.K.
- Completed Kinesio Taping Fundamentals and Intermediate (KT1 & KT2) conducted by Kinesio Taping Association International in Feb 2014.
- Attended three days workshop on “Maitland – Based Manual therapy” by Dr Steve Milanese , Senior Lecturer, University of South Australia, from 28th to 30th November 2013 at Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore.
- Completed the Advanced Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy of Cervical Spine- Part D in March 2013 conducted by McKenzie Institute International. Course Instructor was Greg Lynch , New Zealand.
- Completed a course on Kinetic Control of Hip and Lower Leg in February 2013 by Sarah Mottram from kinetic control institute, U.K.
- Completed a course on Concepts of Kinetic Control in February 2013 by Sarah Mottram from kinetic control institute, U.K.
- Completed the Advanced Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy of Lumbar Spine- Part C in November 2012 conducted by McKenzie Institute International. Course Instructor was Watson, New Zealand.
- Completed course on “Brian Mulligan’s Concept Mobilization with Movement, NAGs, SNAGs, etc. for Upper and Lower Quadrant” by Deepak kumar, accredited Mulligan concept teacher in August 2012.
- Completed Dry Needling course Level 1, 2 & 3 in January 2016 and certified as Myofacial Trigger Point Therapist from Myopain Seminars, USA.
- Completed a course on “Diagnosis, sub group classification& Motor control Retraining of the Lumbar Spine” conducted in Mumbai on January 2015.
- Successful completion of Publication on “Normative values for the functional movement screen in adolescent school aged children” – International Journal of sports Physiotherapy – 2015.
- Completed level 2 course on Fascial Manipulation in July 2015, course instructor was Alessandro Pedrelli, Italy.
- Completed level 1 and 2 CranioSacral Therapy in November 2015, certified by Upledger Institute, U.S.A.
- Completed Dry Needling course Level 2 & 3 from 22nd to 27th of January 2016
– One of the resource persons for the workshop on ‘Principles and Concepts of Manual Therapy’ from 18th December 2009 to 31st January 2010 conducted by Department of Physiotherapy, K.M.C, Mangalore
– One of the resource persons for the workshop on ‘Manual Therapy for Musculoskeletal Disorders- an Integrated Approach from 2nd February 2009, conducted by Department of Physiotherapy, K.M.C, Mangalore
– Delivered 3 days lecture (from 4th Nov to 6th Nov, 2011) on ‘Manual Therapy for Spinal Conditions- An Integrated Approach in Government College of Physiotherapy, Trichy, Tamil Nadu
– Delivered 3 days lecture (from 20th Jan to 22nd Jan, 2012) on ‘Manual Therapy for Spinal Conditions- An Integrated Approach in Government College of Physiotherapy, Trichy, Tamil Nadu
– Conducted two days workshop on “SI Joint pain & Dysfunction” on March 30th & 31st 2013 at Igo physiotherapy center, Hyderabad.
– One of the resource persons for the workshop on “Movement Dysfunction of Lumbopelvic-Hip complex- Assessment and treatment perspectives” conducted on 5th & 6th October 2013 at Srinivas College of Physiotherapy and Research Centre, Mangalore.
– Delivered three days lecture (from 10th Oct 2014 to 13 Oct 2014) on ‘Manual therapy for Spinal Conditions – An Integrated Approach in Government College of Physiotherapy, Trichy, Tamil Nadu.
– Delivered one day lecture on Myofascial trigger point-Dry Needling at Srinivas College of Physiotherapy & Research Centre, Mangalore on 08th March 2015.
– Delivered one day lecture on Manual Therapy for Low Back Pain on 24 April 2015 at Cherran College of Physiotherapy, Coimbatore.
– Delivered a lecture on Introduction to Fascial Manipulation on 30th August in Bangalore Physiotherapy Network (BPN) conference, Bengaluru.
– Delivered a lecture on “ Low Back Pain – An Overview & Criterion Validity of Special Tests on 4th December 2015 in ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) sponsored conference on ‘Spine Radiology, Current Trends in Spinal Manual Therapy and Evidence based Practice guidelines on Low Back Pain – for Health Care Practitioners’ at R.V.S college of Physiotherapy, Coimbatore.
2. Dr. M. Annayya Kulal
- Felicitated at the prestigious IMA Dr. K.R. Kini oration and felicitation ceremony in 2014.
- Awarded as the best medico-social performer for the year 2013 with the ‘Giants International State’ award by Udupi district incharge minister Vinaykumar Sorake, held at Udupi on 11th November 2013.
- Received the ‘District Kannada Rajyotsava’ award for the year 2013 from the District Incharge minister Ramanath Rai, MLA Moideen Bava and JR Lobo, district collector and others for bringing about Kannada language awareness and medico social service in coastal Karnataka, at Nehru Maidan Rajyotsava Parade, Mangalore on 1st November 2013.
- Compiled, translated and edited a book on collection of Kannada poems titled “Chuchhu Maddu” and a book with collection of Kannada common disease and treatment articles by 35 leading doctors of Mangalore under the banner of IMA titled as “Kaayelegalu Mane Maatu Vaidyarugala Kivi Maatu”.
- Selected for Karnataka state as co-ordinator for National Movement “ SAVE GIRL CHILD” in the month of January 2015.
3. Dr. Pavan Kumar G
- Resource person for a workshop on “Neurodynamics” at Harmony Healthcare, Mangalore in March 2014.
- Guest of Honor for a science exhibition in Gnana Bodhini higher primary school, Bellary in February 2014.
- Resource person for a workshop on “Visceral manipulation” in January 2014 at Harmony Healthcare, Mangalore.
- Organized and conducted a free medical and physiotherapy screening camp at Sangankal, Bellary in March 2013.
- Resource person for two day workshop on “SI joint pain and dysfunction-Assessment & manual management” at IGO Physiotherapy centre, Hyderabad in March 2013.
- Attended free Orthopaedic and Physiotherapy Camp was held at Bhatkal town on 8th of March 2015, organised by Srinivas Hospital, Mukka.
4. Dr. Rakesh Krishna
- Attended two day workshop on “Assessment and management of ataxic and athetoid cerebral palsy” organized by Siddharta Institute of neuro Rehab, Hyderabad in the month of December 2014.
- Resource person in a hands on workshop on ‘Brunnstrom and MRP’ organized by Physio Seva at Indore, Madhya Pradesh in May 2014.
- Delivered a lecture on ‘Role of physiotherapy in high risk babies’ in the National conference organized by Durgabai Deshmukh College of Physiotherapy, Hyderabad in March 2014.
- Resource person at the National Physiotherapy Conference held at Hyderabad in the month of March 2014.
- Conducted one day camp at Child developmental Centre, Medipally Hyderabad for special children in February 2014.
- Resource person in a workshop on “Sensory disorders in children-Assessment and Management” at Harmony Healthcare, Mangalore in February 2014.
- Attended an International Paediatric Conference held at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore from 18th-20th December 2013.
- Completed Certification Course titled “ Assesment and Treatment of Adult Neurological Conditions – Bobath Concept” an International Bobath Instructors Training Association Approved Course held at Hyderabad in January 2015.
- AttendedWorkshop on Trunk control Influences Balance and Mobility Post Stroke; NDT/BOBATH Perspective on 15th march 2015 in Srinivas College of Physiotherapy and Research Centre, Pandeshwar, Dr. Karthik Babu from Manipal School of Allied Health Sciences, Bangalore
4. Dr. Nithinchandra Kini
- Attended a two day workshop on “Assessment and management of ataxic and athetoid cerebral palsy” organized by Siddharta Institute of neuro Rehab, Hyderabad in the month of December 2014.
- Was invited to give an awareness talk on handling disability in children on 10th September 2014 in ‘Caring for disabled children’ training camp conducted by Srinivas Hospital, Mukka.
5. Dr. Anisha Karim
- Attended workshop on “Dry Needling” conducted by M.V. Shetty College of Physiotherapy at Ocean Pearl, Mangalore on 14th March, 2014.
- AttendedWorkshop on Trunk control Influences Balance and Mobility Post Stroke; NDT/BOBATH Perspective on 15th march 2015 in Srinivas College of Physiotherapy and Research Centre, Pandeshwar, Dr. Karthik Babu from Manipal School of Allied Health Sciences, Bangalore.
6. Dr. Hrishikesh Yadav
- Attended 4th Indo-US Shoulder Course for Badminton on Sports Medicine, Symposium at Coimbatore on 19th July 2015.
Attended workshop on Myofascial Connections on 5th and 6th of September conducted by Dr Pavan Kumar.G at Hyderabad.
7. Dr. Ranjith Anumasa
- Attended one day workshop on Bio-stats & Research Methodoloy on 30th of december 2015 organised at RGUHS, Bangalore.